Friday, December 14, 2012

Connecticut Shootings...I can't even imagine

I am one of those kids would often have day dreams (or daymares?) about a guy in a ski mask coming to my high school. I would imagine what I would do if he were to suddenly barge into my math class, and what my chances are of surviving. Since I sit in the front, and close to the door, I would probably be one of the first dead, so I tried not to get too freaked out about. But every time someone opened the door, I would jump and get ready my "Hide behind steel trashcan stance", which of course, was not of any use and only made people think I was weird.

Nevertheless, when I heard about the Connecticut shootings, my day dreams about contemplating an gun attack on my high school flashed in my head. I just cannot imagine what these people went through, not to mention they were CHILDREN!  Children for goodness sakes. I hope none of them become too emotionally scarred that they can't recover from this horrific event.

Being the way that I am, I know I wouldn't be able to recover. I'm a naturally paranoid person and if someone horrifying as this happened to me or at my school I wouldn't even dare stepping foot in another education institution, at least without a bullet-proof vest on.

What really kills me about this whole thing is Why. Why would a person do this? What would allow a person to sink so low that they would resort to shooting innocent young children who didn't do anything at all to make his life as crappy as it is? 20 children dead...the numbers are just unthinkable. I can't believe a human with a brain could be capable of doing something like this.

For those that were affected by the Connecticut shooting, I do want to give you my deepest and most sincerest condolences. I could not imagine what you have to go through, and for the sake of me I wouldn't dare to. But I know that it hurts, and I know that you're suffering. I pray that one day you will find peace.

Jay

Please don't forget to eat, no matter how much it hurts to. Your loved ones wouldn't want you to go hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment